Re: Request for info on old Pyronix Paragon Plus alarm control panel

BIG NIGE wrote:
> "HappyLad" <happylad@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Hi Folks
>
>> However, from searching old usenet posts I've found what the default
>> engineer code is. I think the only thing I need to do now is program the
>> panel to omit the upstairs PIR when part set.
>>
>> Can anyone help me with some instructions on how to do this??
>>
> presumably you are using one of the the "quiet set" program options for your
> night set.
>
> When you are in engineers mode
> you press 1 (followed by the third digit 0, 1, 2, or 3  of your quiet mode
> set that you wish to program) (followed by the zone number of the zone you
> wish to program)
> At this point the window will show how that zone is programmed (E =
> entry/exit,  I = Immediate  A = Access  O = Omitted)
> you then scroll through the options with the single arrow buttons until you
> reach the desired option.
> Then you press the Double Arrow button to save that option.
>
> Also get yourself a new battery
> Dont forget to change the limited user code away from 5678
>
> Incidentally the panel should NOT have forgotten your codes or programming
> when powered down as it carries a NVM chip.

Thanks for the reply Big Nige.
I called Pyronix yesterday morning and they kindly emailed me a copy of
the installer manual. I sorted out the zone omit last night and it now
seems fine. Just waiting for a new battery to arrive and then hopefully
its all fixed.
I can't explain how the panel lost its memory if it has NVM. I had the
mains off for about 30 mins during the day and the problem then came to
light in the evening?

regards