Re: ADT Essential Wireless Package

On 1 Aug 2006 09:43:04 -0700, "Jim" <alarminex@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>Bob Worthy wrote:
>>>
>> When it is "free", it is easy to write in a money back guarantee. :o]
>
>That's Funny!!!!!!!!
>

>Look everyone, Here's my take on this ridiculously long thread.

I agree.  I got started in this thread because someone posted some
lies about the company I work for in response to a potential
customer's request for information.  It rolled downhill from there.
I'm happy to keep going on forever with it, as long as people want to
toss insults and post half-truths.

As you know Jim, I do occasionally post something useful here.
Normally, my posts are technical answers to the occasional integrated
systems applications questions posted here.  I do lurk a fair amount,
and I will respond when I see my company unfairly trashed.  I support
the truthful criticism and will add my own on occasion.  ADT is a huge
corporate monster, but the majority of the employees care about our
customers and their careers.  Many have worked for or owned small
alarmcos and bring that experience with them.  I started out pulling
wire for a mom and pop alarmco/ satellite company when I was in
college.

One last thing, I'm not a technician or an engineer, although I've
done both jobs.  I'm responsible for a fairly large chunk of revenue,
probably 10 times what the average newsgroup reg does in yearly sales.
Most of this money comes from taxpayers.  We do everything we can to
do the best job possible on these critical projects.  I've designed
the systems that protect the airports you fly out of.  I've worked on
complex, code level system integration to make port security better.
I've contracted with about every branch of the US federal government
to secure their most sensitive facilities.  We helped write the
standards used to certify T/S SCI facilities.  We've done a damn good
job on these projects, and I feel my work has done a small part to
help keep North America a little bit safer.