Re: ADT Essential Wireless Package

Mike wrote:
> "tourman" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > And you'd willingly pay $40 a month for something virtually most other
> > companies around can supply for $20 to $25 a month !!!!??...$15 times
> > 60 months is $900 over five years for inferior services.
> >
> > I think you've just proved my point about shoppers not being very
> > discriminating. Either that, or you're really a troll  keeping this
> > thread going to give ADT more unjustified exposure
> >

> No, I'm not going to pay $39.99 a month.  It's way too much money.
>   It's back to the drawing board for me. <

Good idea, Mike. Post the state that you live in and you MIGHT find an
good local installing dealer lurking in the group, or someone here
might be able to  refer you to one.
Outside of that you can visit the NBFAA website www.alarm.org for a
list of installing companies in your area, submit requests for quotes
through www.Servicemagic.com and www.buyerszone.com.
Your local chamber of commerce may have an alarmco as a member too.
Some companies offer discounts when contacted through outside sources
as an incentive so investigate that. When you receive a proposal ask
for it to be itemized. You should know how much each device is costing
you.
Sit down with each dealer and just lay it on the line for them. Tell
them you understand they are entitled to make a profit but you don't
feel like paying for their summer home so to come down on the price
some. Tell them it's also to their advantage because you PROMISE not to
be a ball breaker during the install. If there is a location where
exposing 6 inches of wire will save the installer 4 hours then let him
either expose the wire or just eliminate the device from the install.
Ventilate your attic the night before the install to cool it down. Make
sure there isn't an obstacle course in your basement. Try dropping the
temp on the a/c a few degrees. 78 degrees might feel comfy to you but
to a old, fat, bald guy (which described most of the guys here) it's
deadly.
Remember this installer is the same guy who will care for your system
over the years and installers never forget ball busters, but we also
don't forget customers who work WITH us.
Simple courtesies like these will only help build the relationship.

Lastly, try to focus more on fire protection and less on burglary. If
the average crook thinks you have a security system he will break into
another home that doesn't have one rather than chance breaking into
yours.
A fire doesn't care if you have an alarm system,good neighbors, or a
pit bull. Fire strikes where and when it wants. Spend the money on fire
protection. You won't regret it.

Good luck with your purchase, Mike.