Re: Installers Wanted

"G. Morgan" <alarmpro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1155858381.113444.215560@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Bob La Londe wrote:
>> How do you hire and screen without wasting all your working time talking
>> idiots who want a paycheck without working?
>>
>> Last time I did a "by appointment only."  This allowed me to do some
>> prescreening on the phone.  Then I set appointments to fill out an
>> application for about a dozen guys.  Two actually showed up.  One
>> actually
>> completed the application.
>>
>> I think a lot of the callers were just looking for a name to put on their
>> DES unemployment form.
>>

> Spend a little money and get a Monster.com employer account.   You can
> pre-screen resumes first, then contact the ones that look promising.
>
> -G

A basic Monster listing is cheaper than a 10 day listing in the local paper.
Now if my lisitng would show up in any of the searches, and if monster
didn't try to divert possible applicants by making them refuse
advertisements that look like applications 1st.

Ah, well.  I'll see if my 2 bills at Monster produces any better than the 3
bills I just spent on the local paper.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River