Re: DMV Just makes my day

A truck I owned free & clear and registered it every year for 4 years...
then I get a call from the cops that the vehicle is a stolen
vehicle...almost 5 years into owning it!! What a mess. They had to impound
it for almost a month while we got it cleared up. Apparently it was a
recovered vehicle but the original owner's insurance company never informed
the national registry (or whatever they call it) that it was recovered and
legally sold to me. It never showed up on annual renewal only on a title
change do they check the national db

Fuked up.