Re: Ademco Zone Type for Drain Pan

Crash:

I picked up the small "float" switch from Ebay last week for less than
$16 (includes shipping).  It's a normally closed design that is
supposed to be wired into the thermostat, so that if the float rises,
the circuit is broken, shutting down the AC unit.  However, like you, I
didn't want to install it that way, but just want to be notified that
water is leaking into the secondary "back up" drain pan.  So, I put it
on a wireless zone on my panel.

If you're interested in more details about the switch or the Ebay link,
let me know, and I'll forward the information to you.

Regards,

Rob