DV-IP

Ok...  I finally got the low down on the DV-IP directly from the horse's ...
mouth.

You have to take a free certification course on-line, and then you have to
fly to one of their centers for some hands on training.

????  Why  ???? They guy I spoke with at DM said the same thing I got from
reading the on-line specs.  Its basically the same as a DS2 except cheaper,
and doesn't have any local outputs.

I can buy and setup the DS2 without having to waste the profits for my next
couple sales on a trip out of town.  Oh, well.  His comment was that a lot
of dealers had no idea how to put one on a network.  LOL.  Since every one
of my DVRs is on a network, and most of them are setup for VPN or port
forwarding or both, and my education is in CIS I can still jump through the
hoops just like everybody else.

HEY PELCO REP?  You got something in the price and feature category of the
DM DV-IP?  Atleast Pelco will pay for your travel and lodging to train you
on their stuff.  (Atleast they used to.)

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River