Re: Which Wire is Ground ?

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 22:50:05 -0500, "rqo"
<safetyo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Thanks, let me expand a bit.
>
>I'm wiring a 12 volt converter panel to power the cameras.  At the panel, I
>was going to use black on positive and the clear on the common.  At the
>camera end of the run, I have to splice in the male power leads that will
>plug in to each camera female connector.  Black on the black, and clear on
>the white striped lead.  That's what I was thinking.  Should work?

That will work.  The conductors in each jacket are the same, so it
makes no difference which side is positive or negative.  Most people
use black as negative on DC circuits or if the jackets are the same
color, the striped side is usually negative..  Just be careful not to
exceed the current draw rating for the power supply.