Re: Single remote surveillance camera with DVR?

"almel" <almel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>I agree with Bob.
>
> Static IP is not neccessary. If you choose DVR with dynamic DNS support it
> can refresh dynamic IP alone or DDNS support can be set on the router
> (many
> of them have this option). Port forwarding to your DVR should be set on
> DSL
> router. Consider installing more cameras, because best-buy DVRs are 4
> channel models.
> I strongly suggest low light day/night high resolution cameras (480 TVL
> min.). Infrared illumination is welcome too if the parking lot is in the
> dark.

I've had bad luck with the DYNDNS features on routers.  I prefer to run a
DYNDNS program on their main server on their LAN as that is the one computer
least likely to be down, and even if it is they won't leave it down for
long.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River