Re: Casement Windows

"FondOfBooks" <mccann28@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1154629442.617205.83820@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I have mostly double-hung windows.  They are currently able to remain
> open a few inches and still have the system armed.  Now we are adding a
> couple of casement windows.  Is there any way to wire them and allow
> them to remain open a few inches on a nice day?  Thanks!

Not really. Your best bet is to have your screens wired as security screens.
Either being cut or removed activates the alarm and since casement windows
have interior screens, they will last along time, since they are not in the
weather. Actually a better choice for security than venting windows and you
will gain protection from anyone coming through the glass. You don't have to
do all of them, but a couple for cross ventilation is nice.