DVRs

I'm looking to get a DVR and hook up some outdoor home secuirty cameras to
it.  Image quality is very important, as is the ability to set areas for
motion detection within each camera feed (if possible) as well as the
ability to connect over the internet.

I've been trying to research over the internet but there's so many different
dvr products and so little information on-line.  I feel like I am unable to
find a good product that will do what I want.

Is there a good resource to look at?  A particular brand or two that is
reliable and good?  A respectable on-line store?

I've seen a brand called Clover that might be ok but not much information.

Also, was looking to do this for less than a $1000.

Help please!

Rob