Re: Take Over Practices

> Thanks Bob,
> Apparently Stanley doesn't seem to value his business very much.
> Let them go. Yeah, so they can do it to you or some other guy again!
> Great way to keep your business prospering!

I never lost a customer who wasn't moving. I did lose a couple of elderly
folks who died, but always managed to get the new homeowner to sign with us.
I kept my customers with first rate personal service, charging a fair price,
and not making them sign long-term agreements that were in my best interest
instead of theirs. I sell what folks need, explain how it works, and why the
"free" or "discounted" stuff isn't so attractive. I promised upfront to keep
their business with outstanding design, user-friendly and effective,
reliable systems, and VERY fast response to system problems. I kept my end
of the bargain, and they kept theirs.

Of course, my customer base was upper-middle and upper income folks, so the
ADT's and other resi "pushers" weren't much more than extra confetti in my
customer's shredders. There are very few ADT signs in exclusive
neighborhoods.

For the record, if any of my customers was/is (I sell wholesale CCTV
equipment to installation companies now) of the mindset that they would
seriously consider a "giveaway" system, I would not want that customer. That
type will cause collection headaches and is only loyal to whatever this
month's special is, value and service be damned.