Re: replacing an ademco 4150

Cormac.McGaughey@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I'm looking at self replacing an old ademco 4150 alarm system, and I
> have a few questions:
>
> 1) Is there another panel that I can use as a "drop in" replacement?
> I'd rather not replace all the door and motion sensors unless I really
> have to. If possible I'd like to just replace the keypad and control
> panel.

I'd recommend the DSC Power 832 if you're a DIY'er.  The panel is easy
to program and configure.  If your present system is making use of end
of line resistors, you'll have to change them out (or cut them out of
the system and program it as NO-EOL.

> 2) If question 1 fails, what do people recommend for a package to buy?

1 should be good.  There are a number of online resources you can access
to purchase product, but my advice would be to find a local Dealer that
will sell it to you (and be available should you need help).

http://www.yoursecuritysource.com/buyingonline.htm

Good Luck!

Frank Olson
http://www.yoursecuritysource.com