Re: DSC 1555 vs DSL

If you let SBC come out and install your adsl service they often replace the
existing protector with a new version that has a filtered output.  Then they
run a line from the unfiltered port to the location where they install a new
jack for the adsl modem.  Since they charge $200. you should darn sure get
the new protector and in that case you never know the sub has adsl.

On the self-install option they send the bag of filters and tell you to plug
each phone into one but not use one on the modem.  Until recently they did
not mention security systems but now a small notice is enclosed in the bag
of filters warning that you security system 'may' be affected if you make
any changes to the telephone wiring.  They also mention that if you have a
security system installed by SBC you won't have any difficulty.