Re: DSC 1555 vs DSL

"Frank Olson" <Use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:GxkXf.207613$sa3.10128@xxxxxxxxxxx
> mikey wrote:
>> I visited a client today on an unrelated matter and was surprised to see
>> DSL
>> filtres on the phones. Sure enough, she has high speed. The 1555 has been
>> faithfully calling in daily and has never missed a beat. I installed the
>> Exce... whatever (why do they make it so hard to remember the name?)
>> filtre
>> anyways but the thing is 30 bucks. It's kinda difficult to ask the
>> customer
>> to pay for it when they don't see why it's needed. I guess not clobbering
>> her overnight downloads from that wrestling site make it justifiable but
>> it's still a bit of a hard sell.
>
> Your contract should have a line similar to this:
>
> "15.  The Subscriber shall forthwith notify <company> of any structural
> alteration or any other modification which might affect the Alarm System
> or the operation thereof.  Any alteration of  the Alarm System which may
> thereby become necessary shall be made by <company> at the Subscriber?s
> expense."

Or how about:

The use of DSL or other broadband telephone service may prevent the System
from transmitting alarm signals to the monitoring facility and/or interfere
with the telephone line-seizure feature of the alarm system. Such services
should be installed on a telephone number that is not used for alarm signal
transmission. Subscriber agrees to notify Company and M.A. if DSL has been
installed or Subscribers intends to install DSL or other broadband service.
IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE INSTALLATION OF DSL OR OTHER BROADBAND SERVICE
SUBSCRIBER MUST TEST THE SYSTEM?S SIGNAL TRANSMISSION.....