Re: Thinking of installing myself...

> The insurance company I use gives me a 15% discount on my annual rate
> for having burg/fire alarm monitored (5% non-monitored) but you have to
> provide them with a certificate of installation from the installing
> company.  Since most companies (AFAIK) won't simply take your word that
> you have a system, ask specifically about how they verify a DIY
> installation and make sure you do it the way they want.

Absent that, a bill of sale describing the alarm system, accompanied by a
written statement from the installer (in this case the DIYer) will usually do.
I've dealt with this hundreds of times.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.