Re: Thinking of installing myself...

Bass is a fart in a windstorm. He already tried when I was here years ago to
mess with my employment and it got him exactly nowhere. It may be his
favorite way of "taking care" of people that take issue with him, but a very
inefficient use of power and time. If I worried about everyone who might
complain, I would not be able to do my job. Bass is actually his own worst
enemy. Unfortunately, a customer of his has to get burned once, before they
figure out that they are being hung out to dry. Once the average DIY'er is
in over their heads, they find themselves paying a dealer, or just giving up
on the project. Either way, the equipment purchase becomes a waste of money
and time for purchaser.

I strive to keep the company out of my newsgroup posts (when I do post),
because this is a discussion forum for professional installers/service
tech's, not a sales forum. We advertise in the trades, attend the shows (in
Europe, Asia, and the Americas), and have a very large and loyal worldwide
dealer base. There is no need to push the products here. As professionals,
you have already worked on our stuff, and either like it or don't like it. I
am here in the group to listen to the noise and  scuttlebutt in the field
about other products. We have processes in place to document dealer
complaints and caveats. That helps us design better products. But I still
like to talk to and hear from the field tech's. Being in tech support lets
me keep a finger on that particular pulse. Even though I am not in the field
anymore, I am still a service/install tech at heart, and see the tech's that
call as compadres.

-- A Crowded Elevator Smells Different to a Midget