Re: Use ADT system with no monitoring company?

"Fat Tony" D'Amico  wrote:

> Tony Sivori wrote:
>>But I'd like to go an even cheaper route, and have the alarm call my cell
>>phone. Is this possible, and if so how much might an alarm company charge
>>to set up the system to call my own cell phone?
>
> If you can find a company to do it.. maybe $65-$100 for a service call.
> But you won't have much luck finding that company.

I was wondering about that. On one hand they'd obviously be costing
themselves a potential monthly income. On the other hand, they'd be
getting paid for a service call, which would be better than nothing.

> BTW - The panel does not support calling cell phones.

Pardon my ignorance, but I don't understand how a cell phone number could
be different than a monitoring service number. I wouldn't be expecting any
information from the call, other than the fact that the alarm was
triggered. (I live alone, so when I'm at work or out I would not be
expecting any calls from my home number.)

--
Tony Sivori