Re: DVRs

"Everywhere Man" <alarminstall@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1145927146.044304.122910@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Think about the question you just asked "Other than fps, is there
> anything else that gives you a better view for $3k?".  Ask yourself WHY
> you want cameras, and what you are trying to accomplish with them? If
> you are using them to enhance your home security then cheap is not the
> way to go. Why wouldn't you want the best resolution, or recording
> features?
> When it comes to CCTV you either purchase quality or you're just
> wasting your money.
> You asked for help in a newsgroup comprised of people who work with
> these systems day in and day out. Appreciate that they even offered a
> reply, free of charge, and before questioning their answers take a few
> moments to look at some systems they suggested.
> Odds are you will have a better understanding of your options after
> doing so, and you'll probably end up agreeing with them (and someone
> other than them turning a profit on the sale).

I'm trying to understand what someone means when they say to spend 2k to 3k
on a system vs. 1k for better picture quality.  When I asked that someone
pointed out fps, but the rest was about ftp, e-mail, networking, etc., which
as far as I can see is not about picture quality, especially if I don't use
it most of the time.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful.  I sincerely want to know what the extra
money gets you in picture quality so I can decide if it's worth it.  If it
isn't I'd rather spend the money on cameras.