Re: Any one hooked a Vista 32FB to a gamewell master box

Nick Markowitz said:

>One of last town in my area still uses the old gamewell master stret box. i
>need to hook a Vista 32 FB to it.

What you need is called a shunt master box.  It's a regular Gamewell fire
alarm box that is designed to be operated by a normally closed relay
contact in a fire alarm panel.  I don't know whether it's possible to get
the parts necessary to convert a regular box into a master box.  You may be
able to find a master box on eBay and swap code wheels with the existing
box.

http://www.gamewell.com/datasheets/CS-2261.pdf

Before you try setting up the electrical connection, make sure the box
transmits signals when activated manually.  Then it's just a matter of
making your relay trip the box.  The Vista panel has a relay that can be
programmed to operate on alarm.  Just hook it to the master box, and you're
done.

- badenov