Re: No serial ports

I've been using an Averatec laptop with no serial port for over a year
now. I've tried a few different USB->serial adapters, and the Belkin
F5U103 to work mostly best. It has a minor glitch (it gives a weird
error when using Compass on a direct connection, but it does work),
and it doesn't work for Napco (I still use the DOS version). But it's
the one that works well with all the panels, and even hooked up to a
Hayes Smartmodem 2400. On the other hand, I could have used the
adapter that each manufaturer recommended, but that would have left me
with... (counting in head)... 6 different adapters that do the exact
same thing... no thanks