Re: From Alarm to centeral station

You would need to look at several other things first such as what time are
the panels getting busy signals... 3:15am or 5:00am or 5:00pm or 9:00pm or
11:00pm or midnight etc.  Every morning at 5am I have 100 customers all try
to open at exactly the same time - at 4:30pm those same 100 customers will
all try to close at the same time.  At certain times of the day it is likely
that panels may get a busy signal on the first call but they'll get through
on the second call or rollover to another line and get through.  It's not a
big problem.
On the other hand, if it 3:00am and panels are getting a busy signal while
things are quiet there may be a problem that needs looking into.  I have 5
receivers and 5 lines - they are all busy only a couple times a day; the
rest of the time one or two receivers will handle all the calls.  I don't
need more receivers or more lines.  Openings and closing are directed to
specific lines that keeps the other three lines available.
We just saw a number of power failures from Rita and a jillion low battery
signals but that didn't come close to maxing out my 5 lines.  At 5am when
everyone tries to open at the same time I often have a screen full of alarms
that have to be looked at one at a time and that slows things down a tad but
adding extra receivers and lines won't fix that.