Re: Notifier AFP400

"Frank Olson" <feolson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:jTDRe.56416$Hk.23008@xxxxxxxxxxx

> "Bob Worthy" <securinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Is there software available for this panel? I would be interested in
> > obtaining this software. I now have a few under service contract and as
> > with
> > alot of takeovers, they come with problems. Let me know at:
> > Bob4Secur@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > Thanks in advance
>

> The software's only available to Notifier authorized reps/dealers.
>
> If the problems you're experiencing are software related, then the
> authorized dealer should take care of it.  Problems such as you suggest
> should have become apparent at the initial verification which means
> someone's not doing their job.  I'd get ahold of Notifier if the customer
> can't get satisfaction from the local rep.  Life safety isn't something
you
> can throw a "bandaid" type fix at.

This particular system was in good shape and tested out perfectly. This is
an immigration holding facility with guards 24/7 and a central control room
on site. Some electrician working onsite got into the annunciation circuit
with 110v. Surprisingly the board is still functioning even though it fryed
a resistor and popped a cap. It is showing a ground fault (internal) that
won't clear. The board diffently needs to be changed, which it would be
easier to reprogram if we had the software. I am not a Notifier dealer but
have access to all the parts through a couple of different sources. I just
haven't asked them about the software yet. Looks like I will need to go
there for that as well. If not, program by hand, YUCK!!