Re: Lobenn TCP/IP backup transmission device - RHC

That's true. You will receive a "panel not responding" at the end of the
poll cycle. Could be from 1 to 6 minutes (UL) or what ever time you program
in. (I'm using my equipment as example)
Again, this is typically why you wouldn't eliminate a land line, and have
only VoIP. If I get a "panel not responding", I can quickly attempt to
contact the panel over land line. Obviously, if the panel doesn't answer,
you follow whatever procedure dictates the level of security it's
protecting. Of course there's always cell back up....right...
Point is, you'll know exactly that the panel is not capable of communicating
to the CS.
Without it, you'd never know it was cut.
Also, just because a panel is "not responding" does not necessarily mean the
line is cut.
Could just mean the connection is down for other reasons.

"mikey" <someone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> If the phone line is physically cut, so is the DSL, no? I'd like to know a
> little more about the polling.
>
> "R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Guys, just to follow up on my last post, I met this morning with the
> company
> > to see an operational "hands on" unit of the IP device I spoke about a
> while
> > ago. This is NOT a solution for the VoIP problem with alarm panels;
> however,
> > it does provide a GENERIC solution for ANY alarm panel to transmit
> encrypted
> > signals from the panel to the Central Station. A point to note; it has
the
> > connection points for attaching the current POTS line (with line
> exclusion)
> > in the home or business for backup if the Internet connection goes down.
> > Conversely, if the phone line is cut, it uses the internet to send a
> signal
> > to the CS, who can deal with it appropriately as negotiated. This device
> has
> > various levels of polling built in, and as such, could be an ideal low
> cost
> > replacement for DVAC's.
> >
> > Most of this information is up on their website, including "cloud"
> diagrams
> > for unimaginative types like me....
> >
> > www.lobenninc.com
> >
> > However, I will reproduce word for word a "Lobenn Release 1 Product
> Release
> > Note" (with their permission)
> >
> > Quote:
> >
> > "Lobenn is proud to announce the release of its Universal Alarm
Interface