Lobenn TCP/IP backup transmission device - RHC

Guys, just to follow up on my last post, I met this morning with the company
to see an operational "hands on" unit of the IP device I spoke about a while
ago. This is NOT a solution for the VoIP problem with alarm panels; however,
it does provide a GENERIC solution for ANY alarm panel to transmit encrypted
signals from the panel to the Central Station. A point to note; it has the
connection points for attaching the current POTS line (with line exclusion)
in the home or business for backup if the Internet connection goes down.
Conversely, if the phone line is cut, it uses the internet to send a signal
to the CS, who can deal with it appropriately as negotiated. This device has
various levels of polling built in, and as such, could be an ideal low cost
replacement for DVAC's.

Most of this information is up on their website, including "cloud" diagrams
for unimaginative types like me....

www.lobenninc.com

However, I will reproduce word for word a "Lobenn Release 1 Product Release
Note" (with their permission)

Quote:

"Lobenn is proud to announce the release of its Universal Alarm Interface
System. The Lobenn LNI 1000 (Customer Panel) teamed with the LNS 10XX (Alarm
Monitoring Server) allows ANY existing dial up security panel - commercial
or domestic, regardless of age, reporting protocol, manufacturer or location
to be upgraded to "lease line" level service via the internet.

Benefits"
Always on
Easy to install ( having seen it, I would agree...)
Universal interface
Any panel
Any protocol
Any manufacturer
Reduced inventory hassles
No expensive training issues and procedural changes
100% remotely programmable
No complicate IP addressing problems

Release 1 Details:
LNI (interface to customer alarm panels)
Universal LNI - works with any dial up protocol
Up to 1000 LNI monitored per LNI
Relay fall back to phone line if internet connection lost
LNI upgrades downloadable from LNS
Caller ID available on a per customer basis
LNI conveniently located on user side of customer's router
LNI may be powered either from wall adapter or from 12V panel outputs.
Requires approx. 900ma max

LNS (Alarm Station Server)

Script based setup for LNS
Remote control of fallback relay from LNS. Can initiate a "directed" relay
switch from LNS. Useful for panel downloads
Provides loss of comm alarms in event LNI loses contaxtr with LNS
Contains 4 digit customer ID, sent on customer's incoming line with
associated caller ID for that line
Contact ID format
"Open" error sent on alarm tunnel failure
"Close" failure sent on alarm tunnel restoral
No debouncing of alarm - all opens and restorals reported
Last state reported to screen - all others stored in log file
In even of rapid tunnel loss and restorals, only latest status shown on
screen - all others logged to file
Alarm available on a per customer basis. No aggregation or summarization
analysis of alarms.

Contact ID format:
Event code: 350 communication trouble
Data type: Zone
Message Type: 18 (preferred)
Event qualifier:
1=New Event or Opening - Alarm Tunnel communication has failed
3=New Restor or Closing - Alarm Tunnel communication has been restored
Group or Partion and Zone number: All = O
Redundant LNS capability - each LNI will contain LNS IP address table
allowing transfer to redundant head end(s)
LNS may be rack mounted or in standard PC tower configuration - customers
choice
Dedicated windows based LNS - Not to be modified or sublet to other tasks"

Unquote:

Technical issues aside, I see a first application in commercial situations,
followed by residential applications in the high end residential market. In
the low end "cheap shit" residential market, price will be an issue as it
always is, but could be overcome with some creative marketing.

Apparently, they will have representation at an upcoming CANASA show in the
near future here in Canada.

Just a note: I have given this newsgroup address to their VP, who may
monitor responses, and who is in the best position to answer any technical
type questions.

R.H.Campbell
Home Security Metal Products
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada