Re: 20P Question

Crash Gordon wrote:

> Yah they're all home run quads...even on the double doors he ran a quad to
> left and quad to right (waste of wire)
>
> Why what are you thinkin?

We use the First Alert versions of these Ademco panels so I may be off
on what version you are using.

The panel should be able to do zone doubling.  basically giving you 15
zones (zone 1 - as the 2wire smoke zone won't double) but you can only
double devices that are normally closed.

check the install manual if you have it... if you don't, zones 2-8 use a
3.2K resistor and zones 10-16 use a 6K resistor.  hook the two devices
to the panel lugs in parallel.

This would let you run most of the interior doors as regular interior
zones but still get a chime on the kids (future) bedroom doors.