Re: 20P Question

> Yah, I know...it was a really stupid idea the homeowner
> had..."but my brother-in-law says he can do it with his
> alarm"...hmmm ok.

If the brother-in-law happens to have a Napco Gemini system, he
can do what your customer wants.  Napco uses an open matrix to
select features on a per-zone basis.  There are 62 optional zone
features from which to select.

The problem with this from a marketing perspective is most
dealers don't like having to make that many selections.  It takes
more time to go through the matrix, especially on installations
with 96 zones.  Napco came up with a fix in their windows
software.  Now you can select from pre-configured "zone types"
for each zone, much like an Ademco Vista system.  Once that's
done you have the option of changing the features of any zones
you like.

> It gets even sillier- the reason he wanted interior doors to
> chime is so he could tell if his kids open their doors and
> wander around the house at night...

For many families with young children that wouldn't be silly at
all.  The trick is to make sure the interior doors only chime and
do not cause an alarm.  Again, the Napco Gemini can handle that.

> The MINOR problem here is: HE HAS NO KIDS !! - so we
> "futured" for a silly option?

If he's actually planning to have children I can understand his
wishes.  If not, then you really are dealing with a whacko.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms