Re: Security System and self monitoring

"Crash Gordon" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:CWhUe.22$Et1.431@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Do  you intend to install this yourself, or try to find an installing
> company that will install a "local" alarm system? You may have trouble if
> the latter is true.

Why might one run into trouble if the latter is true?  Couldn't alarm
companies simply charge for the parts, charge for the installation, and
offer some kind of limited warranty for parts & workmanship like
electricians, plumbers, HVAC, etc folks do?  I can understand them
wanting the extra income associated with monitoring, but is there really
so much work out there that they tend to turn away the less lucrative
non monitored installs?  Or is there some other issue involved?