Re: Calling Any and All High-Tech Criminals

Karl Magnus wrote:
> I used to have a paper on how to make the fake jello fingerprints, but I
> can't find it. Perhaps this will be of some interest.
>
> http://www.diva-portal.org/diva/getDocument?urn_nbn_se_liu_diva-2397-1__fulltext.pdf
>
> On a side note: I worked for a large security firm, who had us "sign-in"
> with finger prints. You would type in the last four of your ss# and then
> present your thumb. I noticed after playing with the unit, that you
> could submit your "bird" finger and still get a proper read. Sometimes
> this took 2 or 3 tries, but worked on the first try 70% of the time.
>
> KM

That's more like what I've been hearing about bio ID. Sometimes it
works, but it's not fool proof and you can't predict the results 100%
So when someone says that a cut off finger doesn't work, that may just
mean it wont work the first few times. Besides, what user wants to take
the chance anyway.

The other bio ID I get a kick out of is the iris ID. So you take your
new employee and you bring him up to this machine and you tell them

"OK ... stick you eye right here against this little hole and we're
gonna shine a laser into it so we can tell if it's you or not."
New employee steps up to the machine, grabs his new boss by the
testicles and the boss says "What the hell you think your doing?"
Employee says: " Just tryin ta make sure we're not gonna hurt each
other."