Re: From Alarm to centeral station

Depending upon the number of zones reported, which may be two or three and
depending upon how many times each of those zones trip before the panel's
swinger shutdown stops them and if each of those zones then sends a restore
signal, and then the sub turns the panel off and it also sends a cancel
and/or opening after alarm report, it can easily take several minutes.  By
far, the SIA or contact id formats will be much faster.

Most receivers will shut down the transmission after 16 rounds so you will
at least get a printout of the account # and what has happenend up to that
point because those slow 4/2 formats can take several minutes if somebody is
walking around tripping a bunch of zones.  Most panels will keep updating
and stay online while sending 4/2 while the contact id or SIA signals
usually get finished and hangup and then call back again.

Many of those national companies only send an alarm report and no restore
reports so the phone line gets clear so they can call the sub to find out
what has happenend.  If nobody is home its not very helpful.