Re: End of Line Resistor - Are they a standard design?

I'm not familiar with the products in England but it could be that the
end of line resistor is a "listed" item for that particular system or
it may be housed/contained within a special casing or some such. It's
not that the resistor is any different than any other, it's just that
in order to comply with any codes in your area, or remain within the
specifications for the main panel, the installer cannot use a standard
resistor.

Richard Faulkner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Manchester - England.
>
> I have had a fire alarm / smoke detection system fitted to a block of 7
> flats, but it doesnt yet work. The installer is saying that he cannot
> get an end of line resistor from the supplier who is waiting for them to
> be delivered, (this has gone on for several weeks now).

<snip>