Re: On defeating alarm systems

> Seems to me this is an; insurance, amount of
> security -vs- cost, and "you get what you pay
> for" thing.
>
> In my experience, it seems *very* rare that an
> alarm system is defeated. And those who know
> how to do this already know it and will
> continue to share their knowledge with their
> "buddies".

Agreed on both counts.  There's little that gets posted here that would help
a would-be thief.

> Insurance companies look at their stats - If
> there are too many losses, they will require
> additional security (which costs more of
> course). This could be additional electronic
> security, additional physical security, or both.

The other gentleman mentioned having made a substantial effort to improve
the physical security of his property.  In all probability that's of more
value than the alarm system in its entirety, let alone the EOLR's.

> And for the stuff needing protection which
> *really* counts, it is protected exceptionally
> well electronically as well as physically.

Well, that is what is supposed to be done.  It isn't always done though.  :(

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics