Re: 12vdc panel

The panel only requires AC voltage input to start up...from there it will
run on battery backup and feeding DC voltage into the AC terminals seems to
trick its trouble circuitry adequately.  I'm guessing that the manual quote
that you reference would indicate that the panel will not power up with AC
below 55.5Hz, however we regularly bring our panels to life (for programming
purposes) by connecting the battery and simply putting DC into the AC input
for a second or two.  This is all it takes to wake the panel up and run off
of DC only.