Re: Addressable Smoke Head Protocol

Mike:

Thanks for the response.  I figured I was SOL as far as a standalone tester
went, just hoped someone knew something about the protocol.  I am using
FSP851 heads, I really don't want to purchase another 640 panel, doubt the
higher ups will go for it.  I guess I'll hook one up to my O'scope and see
what it's doing.

Thanks again.

Will

"MikeyB" <MikeBreslinNoSpam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Will,
>
> There used to be a tester that would work on Notifier and other System
> Sensor addressable devices called a Mod 400.  The older detectors had a
> socket for this tester and it connected to a DMM and let you read the
> sensitivity directly.  Unfortunately the newer style heads no longer have
> this feature so even if you could get a Mod 400 it would be useless.  Also
> the head in question had to be operating when tested.  I am assuming you
> have FSP-751 or FSP-851 smokes.
>
> My suggestions is to purchase a 640 panel and about 20 extra heads and
bases
> and hang them on the wall in your shop.  When a smoke shows dirty, replace
> it with a new unit and clean the old smoke and plug it into the shop 640
> panel.  You can use the panel to read the sensitivity.  A technician using
> Verifire Tools can also connect directly to the panel through the
> programming port or network and query the sensitivity of any addressable
> sensor.  There is also a web based interface that allows you to do the
same
> thing with a browser if you have a Notifier network.  I think the chances
of
> Notifier letting you have their protocol are exactly zero.  I know System
> Sensor provides their protocol to OEM manufacturers but the Notifier
> protocol has always been different, especially on a Flashscan capable
panel
> like the 640.
>
> Mike
>

> "@@" <will.lynelle@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Hi all:
> >
> > Anyone have any details on the protocol used by Honeywell Notifier
> > Addressable smoke heads.  I have a large facility (approx. 700 heads)
and