Re: Magnum Alert 900 and Touch Tone Dialing

Mike wrote:
> I have a Magnum Alert 900 system in my house and just switched to
> Voice-Over-IP service through Optimum Voice (Cablevision).  The system
> will no longer call the central office.  After some testing I found out
> that the alarm box is set for pulse dialing.  The VOIP service that I
> have will not place a pulse call.  Can this system be switched to touch
> tone dialing and if so how?  I tried calling the alarm company and
> getting someone on the phone who knows what they are talking about is
> difficult.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
>
> Mike

The 900 is a chip programed panel. It has the capability of touch tone
dialing. However, there is still no guarantee that after this is
programed, that the panel will communicate with your central station.
If your installer doesn't know what to do, it's likely that your
account may have changed hands and the new company doesn't have the
knowledge, capability or the chip programer to make the changes
necessary. If I were you, I'd persue it with them more forcefully. If
they're collecting your monthly monitoring fee, they should have the
ability to service your account, regardless of how old it is. If they
can't, get someone who can. Just curious, what's the name of the
company?