NAPCO Panel swap-out?

  I am trying to help a client with a NAPCO GEM-9600 panel.  We are
trying to add an access control module (ACM1D) only to allow disarming
and arming with prox cards.  Actually two modules, since they have two
areas and need them separately armed.  Currently have 2 keypads by the
front entrance.

  Turns out the ACM1D does not support the 9600 panel yet.  Question
is, is the GEM-X255 panel, which is compatible with the ACM1D, a direct
swap as far as the main panel concerned?  What is the best method of
programming the panel?  I use a laptop with Bosch and what little DMP
stuff I do.

  If it was up to me, I would swap the whole mess for a Bosch system,
but all the zone expanders, etc, would need to be swapped and I am
trying to avoid that.

Raymond