Re: Compass Software

I would be inclined to assume that a pro would know what his warranty and
replacement policy was on his software. Unless you are very new to
computing, the internet, and newsgroups, you know that many DIY post on pro
NG's because they get some very good advice. I'm a DIY who has watched the
NG for some time and will now get my monitoring service from one of the pros
who has posted here. I'm comfortable that he knows what he is doing. If I
wanted to buy an amateur monitoring service, I'd have posted there.

Bob

"moe" <moe@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
> how would we know he was a DIY?  if he was posting in a PRO group one
> would assume he was a PRO.
>
> "Robertm" <Respond@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> In my view the problem began with professionals trying to bait a DIY by
>> telling the OP that he was welcome to go to that web site and they even
>> said it was free, all the while knowing that the site was password
>> protected and knowing it isn't free. I would think a professional
>> response would have been to tell the OP that it is professional software
>> and limited to use by professionals. But no, the pro's like to toy with
>> DIY. For what purpose? Are DIY really that much of a threat to the
>> industry that professionals must be put aside sound business practices to
>> play games with people? What goes around comes around. These things only
>> provoke someone else to post the password even if it may be wrong to do
>> so.
>>
>> Bob
>>
>> "Crash Gordon" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> Why? Because it's for alarm professional who understand the language and
>>> know what programming changes can do. Personally, I think it's
>>> irresponsible
>>> for someone to post un/pw for any alarm software that is meant for
>>> trained