Re: To catch a thief, Advice needed

Hey Thanks Rory.  That GE VDR seems quite reasonably priced at $298
shipped.  I am wondering if I can just stuff a standard 5.25" EIDE hard
drive in it? The one with a pre-installed drive is way over priced if
it's just a matter of installing a standard computer HDD.

The smoke detector camera looks like a good choice.  I noticed there
are some choices to be made with regards to the camera though.  Maybe
you have some advice.  The standard camera comes with a selection of
2.5, 4, and 6 mm lenses, but then there are optional 8mm and 12mm
lenses. I'm not sure what lens would work best.  I am trying to cover
just one corner of a small room (25'x25') and I don't have a need for a
wide angle shot. I won't have control over the lighting, but it would
usually be lit to a level where a person can get around without
stumbling.  The thief works during the daytime, and there are a couple
windows in the room.  So color or B/W? I'm not sure. My main goal here
is to get a good identification image of this guy the first time
around.

Thanks
Dave