Napco Keypad is Out Of System

I have a Napco Gemini with three English keypads.  I removed keypad #02
because of construction and will replace it in a few weeks.  Keypad #03
now displays "03 Out Of System".  Is this because you can't have a gap
in sequence numbering?  Is there an easy way to make #03 still work
until I put #02 back into the circuit?  Thanks!