Re: To catch a thief, Advice needed

"Dave" <davidclark@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1128309475.064414.147020@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> We have a thief working at our company. He is very reliable and because
> of this, I think we can catch him on video.
>
> What I want to do is install a hidden camera with a recorder and set
> out some bait in front of the camera.  Of course, my budget is limited,
> so I am looking for advice on how to do this the most inexpensive and
> easy way.
>
> Everything I have seen at the security websites are overkill. I only
> need a single channel of video, with the capability to record at least
> 1 week, but preferably 2 weeks with good resolution and at least 1
> frame per second.
>
> I am also wondering about installing the camera.  I need a small
> camera, but good image quality in order to identify the culprit. But I
> have to hide the thing of course. I was thinking about using a fake
> mirror (mirror glass) but I'm not sure where get something like this.
> Or maybe one of those fake clocks or something with a built in
> camera....
>
> Thanks for any help....
> Dave

There was a thief who frequented a local coffee shop and dipped into the jar
where customers would put quarters for the morning paper. The owner of the
store bought some UV dusting powder and dusted some coins in the jar. Then
he put a UV lamp near the checkout register. When the thief paid for his
morning coffee, his hands glowed. Perhaps you don't need something as
elaborate as a camera.

Bob