I just got my first cell phone!

I detest cell phones and have avoided getting one until now. (My truck broke
down out in the middle of nowhere and I could not get anyone on my CB
radio.)

Anyway I bit the bullet and finally purchased a cell phone so it will be
easier to call for a tow truck or whatever...

Which gets me to thinking about my alarm system I just installed for myself
(I worked for an alarm business 20 years ago and finally got around to
installing my own alarm system about a month ago).

I'm really stepping up in the world! (Alarm, cell phone...)

Anyway I have an Ademco Vista 10SE which is connected to a phone line, but I
have not set up monitoring with anyone (yet). I don't really need an alarm
system as I live in a small town with almost no crime. I do have a smoke
detector on it though and fire would be my main concern. I got the alarm box
at a yard sale for $5, and got it to work, so ordered a few peripherals,
text keypad, and installed it.

Anyway, since I have been out of the alarm business for 20 years, what are
my options with a cell phone and a Vista 10SE and not having a monitoring
company?

Is there any type of optional gizmo these days which could call my cell
phone and tell me what type of alarm it is (fire/intruder)?

I suppose I could program the Vista 10SE to call my cell phone and my caller
ID would show my home number calling is all (would not tell me any
information about type of alarm). They I could call my neighbor and ask him
to see what is going on. (budget monitoring.)

Suggestions/options?