Re: Best glass break detector

> I do not use glass break detectors very often, and
> have not for about a year now.  Need to install
> about 10 in a new office building (all ceiling
> mounted in offices).  In your opinion(s) what
> brand and model could you recommend for this
> job?

Years ago I had major problems with IEI and stopped using them.  Other
dealers who use them today say the new models are good and I don't dispute
that.  I've installed thousands of IntelliSense (now part of Honeywell)
glass breaks over the years and have had excellent results with them.  They
have a relatively new model which you might like for ceiling installations.
It's called an FG-1625RFM.  The unit is extremely compact.  It fits in a
small hole in the sheetrock.  The part that shows is about the size of a
silver dollar -- a major help with WAF on residential installations.  :^)

> Also, I need a good quality audio detector for
> a 15'x15' file room.  Do not want to go as far
> as a "Potter" unit, but would like you input
> here too.

That's one area in which I've no experience so I'll defer to others.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics