Re: ASA re-visited

Sylvain Robitaille wrote:
> cctvbahamas@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > still there is no way to properly moderate it, so it will be up to
> > the  regulars to keep it under control to a degree ..
>
> In my experience, groups like this are mostly self-moderating.
>
> --

That's only if there isn't one person who completely ignores the social
contract for interacting in a mixed group and guiding FAQ that was used
in setting up the group. If by "self-moderating, you mean that each
person should govern their own limits to what is acceptable, what do
you suggest should happen if one person refuses to restrain themselves?
As long as one person acts as a miscreant, it will always cause
dissent. In my opinion, it is then up to the group of participants to
come together to subdue/chastise/make it evident that to all that his
conduct is not acceptable. Not doing anything, simply enables the
intruder and the corruption of the Newsgroup  Lacking that, chaos
abounds ..... as has been evident here for years.

I think there's an opportunity at this point to come to an agreement of
what should be done about people who are the cause of disruption in
this group. And for the sake of those who include me in that category,
I don't exclude myself. Trying something different than what hasn't
worked so far, couldn't do any worse than what's gone on here for much
to long. If everyone's idea of creating peace in this group is to do
nothing, simply waiting for Bass to show up or not, to see if HE's
going to continue it or not, is just a invitation to continue the
chaos. All that I've personally contributed to the chaos here, has been
in opposition to his arrogance, and has been done in protest of the
incredible lack of reaction about his unbelieveable conduct, by people
here.  It's my opinion, which has proven accurate, if people don't
protest bad conduct, then you enable it. In a venue such as this, as
long as some do and some don't, it will continue. It's only when all
protest, that there will be credibility, significance, impact and
strenght in numbers. It's simply the divison of numbers here, that has
been the gateway for chaos.

We don't have to like one another, we just have to act as if we do,
and act in unison in this one matter.