Re: Wireless Home Security Systems

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 19:34:57 -0700, "Crash Gordon"
<webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Keyfobs have such a short range someone would probably have to within
>eyesight for the code to be scanned if that was even possible.
>
>And someone removed and remounted the mainboard? What did you do about
>that?...I woulda changed all my locks and had the alarm company that
>installed the system come out immediately and find out what the heck
>happened!

Possibly - I cannot tell for sure, but it is possible to be nesar my door
without being seen.

Here is what I did:

(I installed the alarm myself.)
I contacted the UK group and told them about the matter. They informed
me that their keyfob has no protection against possible scanning, but the
signal is encrypted.

Hence I installed a codelock on my door and cut the alarm which I am now
going to sell. It was rather expensive, cost me about $ 500 altogether and
it goes for say $150. Used 6 months.

If I had known what I know now, I would not have bought a wireless alarm,
but a wired one ande served it from a wired codepanel inside the flat.

Georg Lavik
____________
"I tider med bedrag som dagens orden,
er det en revolusjonær handling å si