Re: Your Favorite Install Tool?

Matt Ion wrote:
> Jim Sutton wrote:
>
> I just pick up cargo pants cheap at Value Village and such places.  They
> have tons of pockets of varying sizes, and they're expendable :)

Get a tailor (or wife) to sew some cordua nylon pockets on the front to
hold the kneepads.   I know you can get kneepads that strap on but you
can't wear them around all day or they end up around your ankles.

> I prefer the PicQuic drivers (http://www.picquic.com) - they come in
> both regular size and stubby, the bits work in most any standard
> screwgun or cordless screwdriver, and changing bits is the easiest and
> least annoying of any design I've seen.  I have a couple of those
> MegaPro units, but the double-ended bits won't work in my Milwaukee
> cordless driver or any standard bit-holders, and pulling out the back of
> the handle and trying to pry bits out of those little holders is a PITA.
>  At least compared to the PicQuic, they are.

I agree completely - I have a PicQuic stubby (which I should have
mentioned).  However I have managed over the years to break a couple of
PicQuics (the top of the handle typically) and now the bits tend to slid
out oneir own and get lost.  Never lost a bit from my MegaPro.

> A 2-AA Minimag will only make the Rottie mad.  You wanna defend
> yourself, you need a 4-D Maglite, minimum :)

No no you are using the wrong technique - think of an ice pick not a
baseball bat.