Re: "Central Station Service" Poll

Norm Mugford said:

>The AHJ's in
>these south Florida cities and counties are requiring UL or FM listing on
>every commercial fire alarm system, because of the way they are interpreting
>NFPA 72. Seems they think that NFPA 72 requires all systems to have "Central
>Station Service" and that means Certificated or Placarded. They also know
>that State law does not allow them to require more than a State license, but
>they don't care about Florida statutes that covers the license holders.

Seems to me that as chairman of the licensing board, you should be able to
ask the attorney general whether state law really does require certificates
on all systems, and whether local AHJs have the legal authority to require
certificates when the code ooes not.  You're  a state official, the
attorney general is your lawyer.  Put him to work.

- badenov