Re: Your Favorite Install Tool?

bdolph wrote:

> Here are some rod kits that might be of interest.

Thanks for the link.  These look somewhat like thinner versions of the
rods I use with my chimney brush.  Is that a fair description?

What I'm not understanding from the photographs on the web page you
linked to is how these rods are getting into the walls.  Are they
flexible enough to bend through (relatively) small holes in the drywall,
yet stiffer than (for example) traditional fish tapes, making them
easier to manipulate?

How does the "egg beater" head work, and where on such a rod is the
cable attached while working?

There are two things I really don't like about any sort of wiring
projects (and the alarm panel is only one currently planned for my
house):

  - working with fish tapes
  - working in the attic at any time of year

Anything that will reduce the amount of either that I have to deal with
is of interest to me!  :-)

Sylvain Robitaille                              syl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Systems and Network analyst                       Concordia University
Instructional & Information Technology        Montreal, Quebec, Canada