Saw spider crawl into control box!

I was wiring up my control box and watched a spider crawl down the wall,
through a hole in top of the metal case, then behind the circuit board.

I know that insects have caused problems with computers. Actually this is
where the term "computer bug" first originated. There was a bug crawling
around on the circuit boards which was causing a computer to crash again and
again. The solution was to put screen over the air vents so insects could
not get inside.

So I plan to do the same with my control box. Glue fine mesh screen around
the sides/top/bottom. Then it will have ventilation, but keep the bugs out.

Anyone know of any problems with insects crawling around on control unit
circuit boards? Perhaps this is the cause of some unexplained false alarms?