Napco Magnum 900 False Alarms - Fire

I've got a house that's 25 years old and has a Napco Magnum 900 alarm
Probably 15-20 years old or newer.  Recently It's been false alarming
in the middle of the night between 2-4am for fire.  The fire is made up
of A/C wired smokes and heat sensors (basic melt away type).

Any ideas on why I'm getting the false alarms?  Does seem to happen on
the colder nights.  Don't want the house to be unprotected, but man
does that siren make a heck of a wake-up call when it goes off.  Also,
the battery went bad a while back and has not yet been replaced, so to
silence the alarm I have to go and unplug the transformer.  We do not
use the berg side and have no centeral station so most of the time we
don't even have a password set which is another reason I have to pull
the transformer to shut it up.

Any ideas?

Roveer