Escalators and elevators

Hi to all...

I just heard of a "theory" from someone that is in the escalator and
elevator business that the newer models of these public utilities have
diallers in them with... now get ready to hear this: Contact ID
protocol outputs!!! They say that these communicators are ready for use
with monitoring stations so they can monitor the activity and troubles
that occur.

Is this true? Has anyone heard of such technologies? If so has anyone
implemented these utilities into CMS's?

I must say that I am sceptical but I just wanted to ask here prior to
contacting the elevator companies and look like an idiot!!

Thanks and good luck!!